Biochemistry PhD Student, The Zeglis Laboratory
Looking for postdoctoral fellowships that involve the development of theranostic radiopharmaceuticals for nuclear medicine and molecular imaging applications.
Samantha Delaney’s research is focused on the preclinical validation of novel radiopharmaceuticals for the PET/CT imaging and targeted immuno- and endoradiotherapy of cancer. She is also working on the use of molecular imaging for the in vivo analysis of environmental pollutants.
Autoradiography, Bioconjugation, Biodistribution Studies, Biological Assays, Cell Culture, Chromatography (TLC, Column, HPLC), Fluorescence Imaging, Mass Spectrometry, PET/CT Imaging, Protein Expression and Purification, Radiosynthesis, SDS Gel Electrophoresis, Small Animal Xenografting and Injection
Professional Development Skills
• Molecular Imaging and Biology / World Molecular Imaging Society: Editorial Assistant and Social Media Manager (Fall 2022-Present)
• International Symposium on Technetium and Radiometals in Chemistry and Medicine Pre-Congress Summer School, Bressanone, Italy (September 2022)
• The Graduate Center of the City University of New York Doctoral and Graduate Student Council (Spring 2023-Present)
• City University of New York Research Scholar Program Symposium Judge (2022-Present)
• Rodriguez C, Delaney S, Sebastiano S, Sarrett SM, Cornejo MA, Thau S, Hosny MM, Zeglis BZ. Site-Specific Radiolabeling Using Mushroom Tyrosinase and the Strain-Promoted Oxidation-Controlled 1,2-Quinone Cycloaddition. RSC Adv. (In Press) 2023.
• Keinänen O, Sarrett SM, Delaney S, Rodriguez C, Dayts EJ, Capone E, Sauniere F, Ippoliti R, Sala G, Iacobelli S, Zeglis BM. Visualizing Galactin-3 Binding Protein Expression with ImmunoPET. Mol Pharm. 2023.
• Delaney S, Nagy Á, Karlström AE, Zeglis BM. Site-Specific Photoaffinity Bioconjugation for the Creation of 89Zr-Labeled Radioimmunoconjugates. Mol Imaging Biol. 2023.
• Sarrett SM, Rodriguez C, Rymarczyk G, Hosny MM, Keinänen O, Delaney S, Thau S, Krantz BA, Zeglis BM. Lysine-Directed Site-Selective Bioconjugation for the Creation of Radioimmunoconjugates. Bioconjug Chem. 2022 Sep 21;33(9):1750-1760.
• Rodriguez C, Delaney S, Sarrett SM, Keinänen OM, Zeglis BM. Antibody Engineering for Nuclear Imaging and Radioimmunotherapy. J Nucl Med. 2022 Sep;63(9):1316-1322.
• Maitz CA, Delaney S, Cook BE, Genady AR, Hoerres R, Kuchuk M, Makris G, Valliant JF, Sadeghi S, Lewis JS, Hennkens HM, Bryan JN, Zeglis BM. Pretargeted PET of Osteodestructive Lesions in Dogs. Mol Pharm. 2022 Sep 5;19(9):3153-3162.
• The Society of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences iSRS, Honolulu, HI; “Tracking Intravenously Injected Radiolabeled Micro- and Nanoplastics In Vivo with PET”; Poster (May 2023)
• International Symposium on Technetium and Radiometals in Chemistry and Medicine, Bressanone, Italy; “Photoaffinity Labeling for the Production of 89Zr-Labeled Radioimmunoconjugates”; Oral Presentation (September 2022)
• World Molecular Imaging Congress, Miami, Florida, United States; “The Synthesis and In Vivo Validation of a Cadherin-17 Targeted Radioimmunoconjugate for the PET Imaging of Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma”; Oral Presentation (Virtual; October 2021)
• American Chemical Society Conference, Orlando, Florida, United States; “Analyzing the Binding of a Zinc Finger Protein to its Target DNA”; Poster (March 2019)
• Funding: National Institutes of Health F31: Ruth L. Kirschstein Predoctoral Individual National Research Service Award (Awarded July 2022)
The Society of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences iSRS Student Travel Award (March 2023)
• The Graduate Center of the City University of New York Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs Conference Presentation Support Award (March 2023)
• The Graduate Center of the City University of New York Doctoral Student Research Grant (March 2023)
• Hunter College of the City University of New York Rose K. Rose Award (December 2022)
• International Symposium on Technetium and Radiometals in Chemistry and Medicine Young Investigator Travel Award (September 2022)
• Women in Molecular Imaging Network of the World Molecular Imaging Society Scholar Award (October 2021)
• World Molecular Imaging Congress Student Travel Award (October 2021)
• Hunter College of the City University of New York Helen S. Schectman Award (December 2020)
• Sigma Xi Honor Society (Induction April 2019)
• Saint Michaels’ College Vice President of Academic Affairs Trustee Scholar Research Grant (Summer 2018)