Biochemistry PhD Student, Marianski Lab
Looking for summer research opportunities for 2024 in the field of Molecular Dynamics. Open to learning more about companies that work in drug-design using computational approaches.
As a member of the Marianski lab, Beicer C. Tapia is interested in the principles of the molecular recognition between synthetic carbohydrate receptors and complex glycans and recognition of glycans as viable targets for synthetic molecules for sensors, drugs development and viral binding inhibition. Beicer is also investigating the sequence-structure relation in carbohydrates for discovery of novel carbohydrate-based materials.
Molecular dynamics simulations (gromacs) and data analysis (Python).
Professional Development Skills
• EMBO Virtual Workshop on Advances and challenges in Biomolecular Simulations (Oct. 2021
B. Tapia, G. Yagudayeva, M. F. Bravo, K. Thakur, A. B. Braunschweig, M. Marianski, Carbohydrate Research , 2022, 518, pp. 108574 doi: 10.1016/j.carres.2022.108574
• Gordon Research Conference (2023)
• New England Glycochemistry Meeting (2023)
• NanoBioNYC Conference (2023)
• Advances and Challenges in Biomolecular Simulations Conference (2021)
Rose K. Rose Award (Hunter College, Chemistry Department)