Biochemistry PhD Student, Matsui Lab
Looking forward for a post doctorate and teaching position opportunities in the field of Nanobiotechnology, nanomedicine including preparation of nanomaterials, antimicrobial testing, cell culture and animal testing for drug delivery. Also, looking forward to knowing more about companies working in nanomedicine and drug delivery related fields.
My research is focused on Drug delivery by the preparation of nanomaterials such as carbon dots and nanogels, encapsulating them with drugs, then testing their drug loading content (DLC), drug loading efficiency (DLE), Drug release, antibacterial testing, antioxidant testing, cytotoxicity testing and In vivo testing for various diseases such as Cancer (Glioblastoma), Diabetes and wound healing drug delivery applications.
Dynamic light scattering (DLS), Zetasizer, Transmission electron microscope (TEM), Fluorescence Life-Time Imaging (FLIM), UV-Vis. spectrophotometry, Optical microscopy, Confocal microscopy, Fluorescence plate reader, Absorbance plate reader, In vitro Cell culture, plating cells, In vivo testing.
Professional Development Skills
• Participated in United Nations Tour & Briefing of counter terrorism, Headquarters, New York, USA. (2017)
• Attended AMIDEAST-Fulbright Reentry Workshop 2018, Washington DC, USA.
• Gesquiere, A.J; Jasim, K.; Topps, M.; Shroff S.; Alondra M.; George, O.; AbdEllatif, Y., Conjugated Polymer Nanotherapeutics for Next Generation Photodynamic Therapy. Medical Research Archives, 2018, 6, 2, 1-23.
• Size, charge, and dose dependent invitro kinetics of polystyrene nanoparticles. Yasmine AbdEllatif*, Andre Gesquiere
• Presented a poster in the NanoBioNYC event launched by the CUNY Graduate Center’s new NanoBioNYC program, funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and housed within the Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC). Titled (responsive polymer-based nanogels for smart drug delivery) (April 2023)
• Presented a poster Nanoworld Conference 2018 on Nanotechnology, San Francisco, California, USA. (April 2018)
• Presented a poster 2nd Annual Materials Innovation for Sustainable Agriculture Symposium (MISA) 2017, Florida, USA.
• Rosemary Scholarship recipient for women in science in CSI. (Spring 2021-unitl now)
• CUNY Science Scholarship (CSS) recipient. (2019-unitl now)
• Fulbright Scholarship recipient. Fulbright Student alumni Fulbright grantee sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and the Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt (BFCE). (2016-2018)
• Awarded Graduate University fellowship at the American University in Cairo (AUC) (Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016)