Biochemistry PhD Student, Elbaum-Garfinkle & Casaccia Labs
Looking for summer research opportunities and full-time roles for 2024 in the field of Life science consulting, biotech equity research, quantitative analyst, and related science-allied fields. Open to learning more about STEM-Government policy cross-section.
As a joint doctoral student between the structural biology initiative and the neuroscience initiative, Priyasha is interested in understanding the biophysical mechanisms of genome organization. Priyasha is particularly interested in unraveling the role of biomolecular phase separation in spatial and temporal organization of human genetic material. The research has direct implications in identifying novel druggable targets in several devastating diseases including cancers and neurological disorders. To make this a reality, Jack works with cutting-edge techniques in confocal fluorescence microscopy, single-molecule fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy, peptide biochemistry etc.
Circular Dichroism, Fluorescence spectroscopy and microscopy, Protein expression and purification, UV-Vis and IR spectroscopy, Python, MATLAB, MS Office
Professional Development Skills
• Volunteer – North American Association of Indian Students (NAAIS), New York
• Board Member – IISER Mohali Alumni Association
Selected for Summer
• Internship Program 2023 – Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
• American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) – annual meeting 2023 (Seattle) – Poster presentation + Travel award winner
• European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) – Chromatin and Epigenetics meeting 2023 (Heidelberg, Germany) – Poster presentation
• Gov. Of India, INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) – Full funding support for 5 years of undergraduate studies – 2014-2019
• CUNY Science Scholarship for doctoral studies - 2019-2024
• Travel Award by the ASBMB to attend annual meeting - 2023
• Best Presentation award - NanoBioNYC Launch Event - 2023
• CUNY Doctoral Student Research Grant – full funding support to attend Biophysical Society Meeting – 2024