Chemistry PhD Student, Rein Ulijn Lab
Looking for summer research opportunities for 2024 in the field of pharmaceutics. Starting to write my first paper in my PhD in 2023 as my short-term objective.
As a member of the Rein Ulijn lab, is interested in discovery of potential nanocarriers using supramolecular co-assembly of peptides and drugs. She is interested to develop new peptide nano-therapies for applications in medicine to treat cancer. She will become co-mentored by Dan Heller in the department of Pharmacology at Memorial Sloan Kettering
• Mass spectrometer
• Dynamic light scattering (DLS)
• UV/Vis spectrometer
• Infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
• Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR)
Professional Development Skills
• Atena Farahpour, Navid Ramezanian, Leila Gholami, Saeedeh Askarian, Arsham Banisadr, Reza Kazemi Oskuee, ‶Synthesis and characterization of polyethyleneimine-terminated poly(β-amino esters) conjugated with pullulan for gene delivery″ Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, 7 Jul 2022
• Atena Farahpour, Navid Ramezaniana, Reza Kazemi Oskuee, Saeedeh Askarian, Arsham Banisadr ‶Using FTIR spectroscopy to characterization Poly(β-amino ester) synthesized with spermine end group″ 4thIranian Applied Chemistry Conference, 23-25 July 2019.
• Atena Farahpour, Navid Ramezanian, Reza Kazemi Oskuee ‶Synthesis of poly (β-amino ester) based on polyethyleneimine and characterization using FTIR″ 4thIranian Applied Chemistry Conference, 23-25 July 2019.
• GC scholarship (2022)
• Exceptional Talents Award (2017)
• Scholarship for bachelor’s degree (2013)